Working at European Directories
European Directories employs 4,000 employees, about half of whom are directly involved in sales activities.
Each operating company has a unique culture but we are bound by a few simple principles:
- A desire to give our advertisers an excellent return on their investment and to help their customers find the complete information they need, in the most efficient way possible.
- A can-do attitude and a drive for results that means setting and exceeding stretching goals.
- Initiative, flexibility and an entrepreneurial mindset to “get the job done”.
- Teamwork, at every level but especially within front-line sales and customer service units.
- Integrity, openness and trust that makes working at European Directories companies enjoyable and productive.
The role of the centre
- European Directories Holding BV is headquartered in Amsterdam. We have a central support team based in the London Group Office of about 50 staff primarily concerned with Group-level management and excellence in the areas of local search and lead generation online. This team has deliberately been kept small to reflect our devolved approach to operating company management and the need to minimize cumbersome overhead. We believe this promotes rapid decision-taking, whilst capitalizing on the wealth of best practices that exist around the group.
- We have a low-key approach to diversity and equal opportunity but, at the present time, our central team, for example, comprises no less than 12 nationalities and a diverse mix of backgrounds. With such a small team there is little hierarchy or formality, only a shared desire to help the operating companies to be successful. To this end, the central team includes a number of Operating Company executives.